Since the first time we came here we fell in love with it. Quiet with that small town feel that we love, we are rarely as relaxed as we are at Heritage.
When you arrive, you are instantly made to feel at home. White picket fence, large patio, even a tiny pond and wishing well- it's like something you may have only read about and never knew was still around. If we ever move to Small Town, USA, it's how I would dream up my own home.
The last three times we have gone it was owned by a little old grandpa who has always been very welcoming. Upon arriving last night we found that he had sold it to a charming couple with two of the cutest little dogs. They very gracious hosts, and we were pleased that the welcoming atmosphere was not lost in the change of ownership.
Just like the last two times, we booked the honeymoon suite. We have only ever stayed in one other room so I can not say what every room is like. But we have never been dissaponted.
As you can see in the pictures above, the room is a lavender color with almost overly femine furniture and decorations. If you know David, you know there is nothing feminine about him so to stay consistantly in such a room should tell you how comfortable it is.
The four post bed is large enough that David doesn't kick it in the night and comfortable enough that I can't adequately describe it without using such cliches as 'sleeping on air' or 'wrapping myself in a cloud'. When we stay at Heritage, I have a hard time getting out of said bed just because of how far down I have fallen into it.
Another reason for reserving the honeymoon suite is in the picture below.
I am not one to sit in a hot bath for very long. However if we had this tub in our apartment, I doubt I would leave home more than to go to work. After a long drive, the jets seemed to work out all the stiffness and kinks and it felt as if the tub were molded to my body.
Now, a bed and breakfast wouldn't be more than a quaint inn without their breakfast and the food was of the same caliber of the room. I am not a fan of eggs, so I did not get their German Babies - which David will explain later - but I did have bacon and pancakes. I have to say, these were some of the best bacon and pancakes I've had in a long time. I don't know what they added to the bacon, but it was absolutely heavenly. I could eat their bacon all day long. The strawberry syrup was almost as good as the bacon.
So as you can tell, all in all- a great trip and we are much more relaxed than when we left. And once again, back to reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment