Ahhh... My turn to lay out and rest. After working a full day I insisted on driving the first leg. I knew I would be way too excited to sleep. Also it was requested by several moms that David take the night shift since he does nights way better than I do. But in any case, the next driver is up.
Driving 6 and a half hours and 410 miles wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My back and neck are a little sore, but for someone who gets as restless as I do, I didn't go crazy.
Recently, I watched an episode of Top Gear where they were doing an endurance race. When one driver tires or has to get out, another one takes their place. We are doing just that and I am beginng to have a small idea of what it must have felt like. I think our "race" is a lot more exciting though. At least much better scenery. If our phones could only capture the beauty of seeing Las Cruses from the rest stop above, all lit up. Or the numberless stars we saw at the same stop.
This has been one beautiful adventure so far and we still have a ways to go. I do believe we will be hitting Texas very soon and then we will tackle the hardest part of the trip- West Texas.
(Yes, I am seriously that cold in what would still be considered desert. I am going to freeze in Georgia!)
(And we just hit Texas!)
No comments:
Post a Comment