Sunday, January 24, 2010

Recap

Well folks, the time has to come to head back to the desert. Car is packed, tears have been shed, and goodbyes have now been said. We are now out of Georgia, and as for me- I'm not too happy to be going back to reality. This trip has been wonderful and packed tight of visiting and eating. A diet will be in order after our return....

I'm sorry we haven't been updating as often as we should, but as you can guess we have been very busy bees.



Monday was full of sleeping and visiting. For the first time that day in a long while, all of my mother's children were home. That was a joyous occasion! (Those pictures will come later as we don't have them yet.) The evening was spent with David visiting with an old girl-friend at Steak and Shake(I still win!) and I stayed at home with his sister and mom to watch chick flicks.


Heather played with my phone durring the movies- and when there is a camera around, there's sure to be one of these pics.

Tuesday we got up bright and early to drive another 4 hours to Savannah. First off, it should be illegal to have to awake so early while on vacation. And second, we realize we are crazy for driving so far after our first long drive. But honestly, after 29 hours of driving, 4 didn't seem too long. Besides, it was worth it. We had lunch with Trevor- David's youngest brother then headed to the beach.



The tunnel of trees and Spanish moss made a beautiful drive to Tybee.


Then to see the landscape change to above picture, well I was getting excited knowing we were so close.


The water was numbingly cold, but felt so good.


We enjoyed the beach, then headed to Riverstreet.


This picture doesn't do it justice. Riverstreet has so many awesome little stores and so much history! I don't know that you can consider rocks pretty, but the cobblestone streets are absolutely gorgeous. We made sure to stop at Riverstreet Sweets to pick up some of the best fudge and prailines in the country. But I think we had the most perfect day ever in Savannah. The image of holding David's hand walking down Riverstreet listening to a man sing 'Georgia' and tasting candy pecans will be filed under 'Most Picturesque Day' in my memory.

Wednesday was spent gathering decorations for B's wedding and visiting with friends. I went visiting with my mom and David went out on his own. That night, we had Nana pizza! Between Nana pizza and Nana cookies alone- our trip was worth it. Yum!

Thursday we hit O'Charley's with my brother.


Don't those nachos just look so delicious? We really need O'Charley's in Arizona. After that, Paul and I hung out.


We hit Stone Mountain and it was totally empty. We walked around and a lot of it was blocked off. It didn't stop us, but the cold and rain did. So a drive we took until it was time for dinner. David and Heather were supposed to cook, but Heather was sick. So David did most of it himself. Bacon wrapped shrimp, garlic steak, broccoli, garlic mashes potatoes, rolls, and both of our families made for a great night.

(Are you tired of reading yet? Sorry, we're almost done.)

Friday I spent with my sisters while David caught up with more friends. We ran around a lot that day and ended up in Peachtree City decorating for the main reason we came out. We were worn out by the time we finished, but we still went to Steak and Shake to meet the old girl-friend I mentioned earlier in this post. While out, we found out David's brother Brett got into town and proposed to his girl-friend. Congrats to Brett and Suzie!

Saturday was the wedding, which deserves it's own post. But in short, it was beautiful.


We enjoyed another night of friends and today we are on our way. We are sad to be leaving, but ready to get back to our own life. Sorry for the long post- we promise to update better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment